Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Product Stash: Stylers

Note #1: See my stash of cleansers and conditioners.

Behold! My collection of stylers.


(note #2: I know, this is a lot but in all fairness, Mr. Smooth uses some =P)

Okay, so let's start with the Aloe Vera gel. I like to use it on both my skin and my hair because it leaves it soft. I moisturize with it mostly when my hair is in a protective style, like twists or braids as my "water based" product before I seal my hair with an oil. By itself it makes my hair feel really soft and it's nice and light. (note #3: this has been Mr. Smooth's favorite product for about a year). Next to it is the IC Fantasia Heat Protectant Serum. When I used to flat iron a lot, this was my staple. I recently bought it when I blew out my hair. It's a decent heat protectant to me and inexpensive. And next to that is Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion. This was actually passed to me from SP because she knows I set my hair with curl formers and she wanted me to give this a try. Then I have my IC Fantasia Gel which I've already reviewed and will still use it for wet setting. 

There are also three little bottles in the front, which are Jessicurl products that I have not really experimented with which are: Rockin' Ringlets, Confident Coils and Awe Inspiraling Spray. At the moment I don't really have a use for them because they seem to be 'wash and go' products and I'm not doing that any time soon. You can also see I still have the Jane Carter Solutions Wrap and Roll which I've used for dry setting (curlformers, twist outs ect) and it seemed to work okay. I'm still trying to finish the bottle and have no intentions of repurchasing. There are a couple of Aveda products back there: Phomollient Styling Foam and Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade, both given to me and that I'm experimenting with and probably won't buy because of their scary expensive prices. Next to that, you can see my beloved Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment which I'm running low on and will always buy because it's a staple. I use it as a styler as well as a pre-poo treatment. (oh and note #4: Kinky Curly Custard is in that picture, but I accidently hid it. I love it but it's pricey and I use sparingly and I probably won't be buying again)

Whew! I don't think I need to be buying anything until there's less products! This has really helped me put things into prospective!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!