That being said, what I've learned about my hair this year is:
- I don't need to comb my hair! - I finger detangle my hair in the shower usually with lots of conditioner... if i feel the need I'll run a comb through but only after fully finger detangling.
- Different seasons definitely need different treatments - I learned that i can not co-wash daily in the winter but in the summer my hair loves it, and i also have to use different products, or use my products differently during the different seasons.
- I've learned that i have about 4 to 6 different textures of hair all on my one head and that they need and like different things, and/or less or more product and manipulation depending on the texture. It ranges from a tight, fine, coarse curl to a looser, silky, medium curl.
- Different lengths require different products and amounts - Since i sort of grew my hair out for a few months earlier this year, I gained some experience in learning how to style my hair for the different lengths. Growing out short hair can sometimes be awkward so learning how to properly style it is key.
- When it comes to a TWA, Accessorize! Accessorize! Accessorize! Have fun with it while you can!
What have your learned from your hair this year?