Monday, January 10, 2011

TWA Do's and Don'ts

My quest to finally have long hair this year has had me thinking quite a bit about how I handled my TWA in 2010; The good, the bad, and the ugly!

Here are some quick TWA Do's and Don'ts from my lesson's learned in 2010...ahhh...good year... lol


DO!!! =0)
- Have fun with your TWA while you have it. Even if you aren't excited about having short hair, hair grows back so don't waste your time feeling down about it, learn to enjoy it while you have it. 1 year having short hair out of an average of at least 80 years of life really can't be that bad right?

- Make sure to moisturize! Even if you have less than an inch of hair, make sure you're moisturizing daily!

- Deep Condition! Yes it's only a TWA but its still hair and it needs to be deep conditioned so do so as regularly as you can.

- Make sure to Wrap/Cover/Tie your head down with a silk/satin scarf and/or bonnet at night!!! There's no reason you should be dealing with split ends and SSK's on a freshly/recently cut TWA. I also wear a satin bonnet under  my winter hats so they won't dry out my hair.


DONT!!! > = x
- Buy Every Product you hear is supposed to be good. *Although i'm not one to hair-type, i did find that finding girls with textures that seemed similar to mine helped me figure out what type of regimen and products i needed for my hair, so i was able to streamline my products, and my product junkie-ism!

- (If you are planning on growing your hair out) Don't go crazy doing everything to your hair! Stay away from over processing your natural hair with color and bleach or texurizers. Give your hair a chance to grow and just focus on making sure it's healthy

- Don't forget to LOVE YOURSELF!!!!!
Everyone takes transitions differently and making a transitiion from relaxed to natural can be a very drastic change for some. Don't waste your time comparing your hair/texture to others, take your time and learn to love the hair you have. Buy yourself a few new accesories to jazz up your new look and learn to have fun with it!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time out to encourage someone like me. I recently decided to transition to the natural side of life. It's a journey but, worth it. My hair freedom means everything to me! Nichelle71

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thats beautiful! Im glad we can help, freedom means everything and our hair is a huge part of that. I hope you've been enjoying your natural so far!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!