Sunday, January 30, 2011

Repost: Natural Hair Memories: Mistakes As A Natural Head


 How I felt once I realized the mistakes I made with my hair!

I've been natural all my life, but being a hair enthusiast wasn't me until about a year and a half ago. After all I've learned, I've been shaking my head at myself for all the havoc I used to put my hair through. You will not believe it! Not that I'm a masochist, but I really did abuse the hell out of my hair. I did things like:

*Dry comb my hair although in all fairness I always used a wide-tooth one
*Stayed away from water because I thought it was the death of me
*Flat-ironed dirty hair and almost everyday to keep it straight
*Flat-ironed or blew out hair without a heat protectant and watched my hair break off
*Greased my scalp with thick butters and pomades gross!gross!gross!
*Used rubber bands for ponytails specifically, large blue or pink ones that hold produce together like broccoli that pulled my hair out
*Slapped products on top of my hair instead of distributing it evenly with a comb or some other method, and then wondered why nothing worked!
*Using those damn boxed dyes without following up with some sort of deep treatment
*Scratching the hell out of my scalp with a comb to get all the "flakes" and that gave my scabs like you won't believe!
*Using products with mineral oil and petrolatum  these ingredients may not bother some people, but they make my hair very icky and no me gusta!
*Using shampoo and no conditioner O_o when I was low on funds, I often had to choose which one I could buy and usually bought shampoo even though I hated it

I could go on and on. I was such a naughty person when it came to dealing with my hair. I was definitely not educated.

What were some of the things you used to do, fellow hair enthusiasts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!