Thursday, October 25, 2012

Vacation Hair: Puerto Rico Edition

While I'm sad that I'm not eating my way through San Juan at the moment, I'm excited to update with some posts again! I've never been to Puerto Rico and Mr. Smooth (the husband) hasn't been back in fourteen years and has actually never stayed in San Juan because his family isn't from there; it was a nice adventure for both of us!

We only took carry on-bags, so I didn't pack much products to follow the TSA's 3-1-1 rule, and I had decided I wouldn't need much anyway - just Ouidad Climate Control Shampoo, Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle (for a leave-in) and an oil, Curls Champagne Curl Elixir. I kept my routine pretty simple with WnG's and throwing my hair in a ponytail. With all the walking/hiking/activities being done, I did not have time to fuss over my hair like that. If you follow YAIS on Instagram, you might have seen a couple of pics of my hair while I was out there.




Poofy hair at Condado Beach

At El Morro
Beach style: Flat twists in a ponytail

I also came in contact with water A LOT. Aside from the heavy rainfall for 5-10 minutes at a time while walking around Old San Juan which I expected, we hiked in El Yunque Rainforest where it literally poured almost the entire time so I was soaked. We also kayaked at "Bio Bay" at night somewhere in Luquillo (about an hour from San Juan) where swampy water got all over my head; and then of course the salt water from the ocean at the beaches which can really dry hair out - needless to say I washed it pretty much everyday and the Ouidad Shampoo worked really well for the weather.

My WnG drying by end of the day


Curly bangs!


And guess what I spotted at Walgreens: SheaMoisture!

You know you're a natural when you get excited over stuff like this LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love the pictures. Yea, for travel, you can get away with just a shampoo, conditioner, and oil and be good to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah I'm realizing anything more than shampoo, conditioner and an oil is a hassel.

      Delete

Share your thoughts!