Monday, August 9, 2010

Lady Patra

So after leaving the African Braiding Salon, as conceited as i am, i couldn't stop looking at my reflection everywhere! LOL
I was getting so many compliments and loving the new braids swinging everywhere as i walked down the street. I heard so many comments as to who i would look like (of course) so you know i heard Dashiki (Tracey Cherelle Jones) from "Don't Be A Menace to South Central while Drinking Your Juice in the Hood" and Janet Jackson in "Poetic Justice".






They are both beautiful women who looked gorgeous in their braids but i knew that wasn't it if i was to look like someone. I reached back into my 90's memories and it struck me, Lady Patra!
Remember her anyone? I know my West Indians will, I grew up on some Lady Patra!



I'm not gonna lie, she's pretty fly with those braids! I hope i'm doing a good job pulling off Lady Patra<3
















2 comments:

  1. Thanks Tonia! So far i can not lie, they have been one of my favorite styles since going natural. I just can't wait for my hair to grow longer so i can prolong the style until i can do thick braids like that with my own hair :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!