Saturday, March 5, 2011

Tip of the Day: Trying New Products


The natural hair world is overwhelming at times. So many thoughts, opinions, regiments, products--how can we get through it all? When I first decided to embrace my hair I thought managing it would be expensive and that I had to everything the bloggers told me to in order to get healthy hair, but I still had no understanding of it. I tried countless products and *wished* for my hair to come out well. I did things to my hair whether it was actually helping or not. I wondered what would happen if I read a crash course on what it means to embrace your curls and coils? Here's my tip of the day:

On Products:
There are many, and you may want to try them all especially if someone used it and their hair is fly. When first trying a product make sure that you follow the directions of the product to the letter to determine if it actually works. This may be a combination of technique as well. If, after a few times, it does not work as directed experiment a little. In the end it will help you decide if the product is for you or not.

If the product is expensive and you want to save, be sure to check for samples, get it on sale, or see if anyone else has it lying around. It may take a minute for you to figure out what works for you, especially if you're new. Take you time with the product, have patience and most of all, have fun!



Questions or comments? Email us at yais.nyc@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!