Monday, October 4, 2010

These Braids (1 Week Later)

I put my hair in box braids a week ago and here's how they're looking:


braids look "looser" My hair almost always unravels!

Hairs are getting fuzzy


Shrinkage!
I didn't wash my scalp yet and so far things are okay. I have some minor itching, but I've found that massaging coconut oil into my scalp helps sooth it. There aren't any flakes so far so that's good. I'm going to leave these in for another week, but I'm trying to decide a couple of things: whether I should co-wash them for an extra boost of moisture and if I should leave them in for a 3rd week. I'm thinking of co-washing because while I've been spritzing my hair I'm not sure it's enough to maintain the "silky" texture of my hair (my hair doesn't appear "naturally dry" in my opinion) Also, I'm wondering if I should leave them in for a 3rd week because I'm getting the itch to try something new but at the same time, I know this is a great protective style. Decisions, decisions. What do you think, hair enthusiasts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!