Monday, May 7, 2012

Hair For The Week: Straight

Good day YAIS readers! Hope you all had a great weekend. I cleaned, cooked, played video games and straightened and trimmed my own hair! Yeah, haven't done that myself in a looooong time. SP is the one to normally do it, and I always feel bad when she does because I have so much hair. I decided I wanted to do something different with my hair and trim it a bit so I can have less breakage (snap, crackle pop!) I tried my best to keep even, although it wasn't my main concern. I blow-dried my hair with a paddle brush using Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel (I've been using this for a couple of weeks, review to come) and then used my Soila Flatiron at around 350degrees (maybe a little less). It took me forever and my hair isn't bone straight which is fine with me. My only complaint is that my hair felt dry, but it's since been moisturized with Vatika Oil. I have only used the Soila once so I can't give a proper review, but it seemed to do it's job; part of any styling process is technique and mine is a bit rusty. Of course, I didn't take any initial pictures of my hair when it was freshly done, but it was a little poofy which is the norm for me; after I wrap or pincurl my hair flattens with no problems.

Anyway, I also wanted to share my look for today. My hair is just pulled back with some bobby pins.



I've never worn bright pink especially to work, but I thought why not. A co-worker noted that she liked the look and the black sweater tones it down and makes it "office friendly." I suppose you can also tell from the pictures that I'm a small person and am wearing wedges to give a teensy-bit of height LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!