Saturday, August 20, 2011

Regimen Updates


Best thing I have learned when it comes to my hair: less is best! In my mission to restore my hair from the dryness and breakage, I have already seen a difference in the last couple of weeks. My hair has got it's shine, it doesn't cough out broken strands, and feels nice to touch.

I haven't been doing anything magical either. I cleanse my hair once a week usually with SheaMoisture Moisture Retention Shampoo and deep condition with SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Mask (I will give a formal review soon). Then I use TRESemme Naturals Silicone free conditioner as my leave in, add EcoStyler gel and stretch my hair with curlformers. Sometimes I style them and other times I don't. I also do a mid-week co-washing with a Sauve Naturals Conditioner and deep condition again with SheaMoisture, and again wear a stretch style. It's really been that easy!

I actually clarified my hair today with CURLS clarifying shampoo and am waiting for my hair to dry a little before I style. I am going to set with curl formers a little later and maybe wear it like for a couple of days. But I did not forget about bantu-knots. I plan on doing that later this week, especially since I'm contemplating a curly fro for the Afro-Punk Festival next weekend. If anyone plans on going, do let me know, and look for me =)

That's all for now. Feel free to check out my updated product staples page, in which you will see how proud I am of the very little I use these days.

2 comments:

  1. I went to New York for the weekend to go to AfroPunk and was GREATLY disappointed that it was cancelled. I hope they reschedule

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Emmanuella yes I was sooooo mad! I was really looking forward to going.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!