Saturday, February 5, 2011

Straight Natural!

Hey everyone! It's been a minute since I showed pics or talked about how my hair has been, mostly because I cannot locate the charger to my camera #annoyed. Currently my hair is straight and it was actually done by SP herself the day after she flat-ironed her TWA. (note: I had a braided/twisted updo before which I'll post once I find the charger!) Here are the products used:

*pre-poo with Burts Bees Avocado Butter
*shampoo with YES To Carrots!
*DC and detangled with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration
*Added Vatika coconut, lemon, and alma oil
*Blow dry (with comb attatchment) using CHI 44 Iron Guard (heat protector spray)
*Flat-ironed with Chi Silk Fusion


And here are pics of the process...






Freshly washed 

My mane blow dried
SP trimmed my hair as well, because I had some ends from before that had to go. I also wanted my hair straighter/sleeker this time. Also to start over with caring for my hair with no "crunchy" ends.


before trim

after!



She took off about 1/4 of an inch, and my hair since I got it colored in late November grew about an inch, judging from my roots...(I conclude my hair grows the average 1/2 in per month)

The roots
I'm happy with my results! Even with this slick/ice/snow weather in NYC I've been maintaining my hair by pin-curling every night, brushing out tangles with the denman and using coconut oil. I got lazy last night because I strolled in late and was tired so I just put my hair in a high pony tail and wrapped it with a silk scarf. 


THANKS SP! <3

1 comment:

  1. Where do you buy your Vatika oil? I live in an Indian neighborhood but surprisingly none of the markets sell it. Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!