Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hair for the Week: Side Swept Twist Pin-Up

I was bored with my hair yesterday and decided that I wanted a protective style. I checked some of the blogs I follow for inspiration and once again, Her Best Hair won me over with the Vacation Updo. What I really loved about it was the idea of the "side-swoop" with twists. I love bangs and side parts so I decided to use this look. Although my style isn't an updo, the style I did does give me that option:







As you can see, I did single two-strand twists in the back, flat twists on the side, and then a mixture of flat twists and single two-strand twists in the front, then pinned them to the side. Twists galore! I played in my hair a bit, and using bobby pins I also got these styles:



A side bun...

Half updo...




Hair pinned to one side...






This style is very versatile to me and I like it a lot. I can really see this as an elegant style to go out to dinner or an afternoon hang-out. And yes, I would/am going to wear this to work. In my opinion it's all how you pin it up. The bobby pin is you friend for this style.

Hope you all like!


3 comments:

  1. That is super cute. I may have to try it, but I feel like it won't work as well until my hair gets longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ladies! and @ Tia thanks for continuously being creative and inspirational with your styles!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!