Monday, September 6, 2010

My Roller Set Attempts


Another curlformer attempt. I used Jane Carter Wrap and Roll. Still not where I wanted it to be...



Trying a rollerset with my magnetic rollers, FAIL lol. This is when I decided to just clip my ends instead...Still used the Wrap and Roll...


Curlformer set using IC Fantasia Gel. This was the new product I tried and liked it for the set. I realized though that in some parts, I didn't put enough gel. I'm so use to Kinky Curling Custard where you a little goes a long way so I was way stingy with the product. So I actually decided to try again the next day, except....



I opted to not only use curlformers, but flexi rods to compare the results between the two. results...





So, I was really happy with these results! This is my set from yesterday. Finally getting somewhere! The truth is, the flexi rods and curlformers don't seem to give me a huge difference in results, especially when I separated and fluffed out. You can't tell which ones I used. Now my issue is perserving these curls. I used a bonnet to sleep with and they kinda fell flat =( not sure what to do about that one....

3 comments:

  1. Wow looks great! I want to try a roller set badly but I'm so nervous about my super thick hair. If I attempt I will use perm rods and flex rods because I only have 18 flexirods :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks =) I wouldn't worry about your hair being too thick to try the flexi-rods/perm rods. I have really dense coils/curls so I have to make sure that I do them in workable sections. I think it's all about technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's true!
    @TheTiffany, why dont you try doing 18 single braids and rolling those on your flexirods... bet it would be a nice outcome =)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!