Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Reader Comment

This comment came from an anonymous transitioner on an old post about products I used a few months ago. 


Thank you for sharing your product lineup. I have been transitioning for a year this month and I am planning to do the big chop before the new semester begins mid-January so I have been researching a lotttt of natural hair products. Aside from the Giovanni are there any other shampoos that you like or recommend? I have heard and read that the Oyin shampoo bar is really good and I noticed that you have a few Oyin products in your arsenal, any thoughts? Also, have you tried the Giovanni leave-in? I know some naturals use it in lieu of the KCKT. Any thoughts? Thanks. I really appreciate your opinion and Happy Holidays!


First off, congrats on making a decision to go natural! As far as shampoos, I have posted that my new favorites are Jessicurl Cleansing Cream and Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream. SPStyles was just telling me yesterday about how she likes YES to Carrots Nourishing Shampoo (which she was kind enough to give me some of to try). It's considerably less expensive and more attainable to get--you can get it from Duane Reade so maybe you want to try that. I've also used Organix shampoos at one point which seemed fine--and again less than $10 and can get at a drugstore. I haven't tried Oyin shampoo bars, I'm not sure why really other than I haven't gotten around to it but I probably will one day. As far as Giovanni products, other than the Tea Tree Shampoo, I haven't had the chance. To be honest, their conditioners are not on my list of "must tries" for me. SP does use one of the conditioners...


Anyways Anonymous, hope this was helpful and feel free to let us know when you do your BC! You can email us at yais.nyc@gmail.com if you have any other questions/comments and that goes for all of our audience.


Happy New Years!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Thanks for the post! I really appreciate it. I'll let you know if I try the Oyin Shampoo Bar. And, I'll def update you when I finally chop it. Thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!