Friday, July 1, 2011

My Wash And Go Adventures (Picture heavy post)

Hair enthusiasts! How have you been? Apologies for the scarce posting but SP and I have been really busy...we both live up to our namesakes in a sense (hint: SPStyles, and Curly Film Chick #doingwork).

So what's my mane been up to? Well let me tell you I've been really lazy. All the hair minus time equals neglect. Or maybe not as much neglect, but I haven't really been doing much styling. My routine these past few weeks include washing my hair two-three times a week with SheaMoisture, using hair milk as a leave in, then some gel and bun it. I tried to do interesting things with the buns to make it look like I was doing something. I either braided or flat twisted the front of my hair:

Braided in the front
Bun in the back

This past week, I've been experimenting more with the Wash and Go. For those who don't know, it's basically just washing (with shampoo or "conditioner washing"), adding product, and letting your hair dry with the intention of defined curls. I sucked royally at this, mainly because I had issues with finding products with hold and making the different curl patterns I possess look somewhat uniformed. And for my hair not to be crunchy and dry at the end of the day. So many issues. But I managed to pull it off AND have second day hair.  Basically, I washed my hair Wednesday morning, and used the TRESemme conditioner as my leave in. I detangled my hair very carefully in sections then added Eco styler gel to each section and sealed with Coconut oil. I put my hair in a very lose bun, because my hair was dripping and I knew it would take all day to dry. When I took out the bun at the end of the day, my hair was still damp but surprisingly there wasn't much frizz and there was no dryness or crunchiness. And my curls were still popping...







Oh, and my hair was still fine the next day. I ran some Aveda Anti-Humectant Pomade through my hair and put it in a banana clip, while leaving some of the front out. My curls were still very defined, even at the end of the work day when I took these pictures...


Close up
I'm really excited with the way my hair came out. It didn't dry up or feel tangled. I'm loving this combo and glad that I may have found a technique (finally) that works for my hair. Hope you enjoyed! What have you folks been up to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!