Sunday, March 13, 2011

Today Is Hair Day and "Centering" Myself



It's been a minute since I spent a good amount of time on my hair. I've been working like a mad woman and am starting to shut down which isn't good for the mind and body, and since I'm wearing my hair loose I noticed it's getting dry a lot faster, nor is it's shine quality top notch. So today I am going to spend time on myself because if I don't, the next couple of weeks just might destroy me #busywoman.  In terms of hair, here's what I plan to do today:

*Bentonite Clay treatment
*Wash my hair with Curlicious Curls Shampoo
*Deep Condition with a mixture of Renpure Organics My Hair Is Parched, Honey, and Coconut oil
*Use Kinky Curly Knot Today as a leave-in
*set my hair with a foam wrap

I'm still interested in rocking curly fros/bobs so I'll probably attempt a rollerset using magnetic rollers and not curlformers. I finally placed an order on Curlmart for my favorites like Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditioner, Cleansing Cream and Oyin Handmade Whipped Pudding, but they won't get here till Tuesday or Wednesday.

In between these hair treatments I'll probably give myself a facial, watch a movie and get some writing done. To end the night, I'll cook a dinner I've been craving for some reason, which really is just angel hair pasta with creamy garlic sauce and veggies. Hopefully all this will help me be relaxed for the the work week.


And what do you naturals do to your hair (or other things) to center yourself or relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!